Last Updated: 29/7/21
We understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, www.meatbusinesswomen.org (our “Site”) or becomes a member of our organisation and have taken steps to protect the data we collect from you, as described in sections 5 and 6 below. Any personal data we do collect will only be used as permitted by law.
- About us
Our Site is owned and operated by Meat Business Women Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 11936388 and whose registered address is PO BOX 591, Darlington, United Kingdom, DL1 9DB (“MBW”).
MBW is the controller and responsible for your personal data. Please see contact details is section 10 below.
- What this Policy covers
- What is personal data?
Personal data is defined by the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “Data Protection Laws”) as “any information relating to an identified or identifiable living individual. .
Personal data is, therefore, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data and other online identifiers.
- Your rights
Under the Data Protection Laws, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- the right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data;
- the right to access the personal data we hold about you;
- the right to have your personal data corrected if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete;
- the right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data we have;
- the right to object to (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the processing by us of your personal data to a particular purpose or purposes;
- the right to data portability ( ie the transfer of your personal data to a third party) ;
- the right to withdraw consent to our processing your personal data at any time; and
- rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling
You can obtain further information about your rights from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, you may lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- The personal data we collect and how we use it
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you for the purposes which we describe below. We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Data we collect and purposes we use it for
When you sign up as a Member MBW will obtain your name, email address, contact number, billing address, organisation and job role for customer service purposes. In particular:
- a) At checkout, we will collect your name, email address, username, and password. This information is used to set up your account for our Site. If you are redirected to an offsite payment gateway, such as Stripe, to complete your payment, we may store this information in a temporary session variable to set up your account when you return to our site.
- b) At checkout, we may also collect your billing address and phone number. This information is used to confirm your credit card. The billing address and phone number are saved by our Site to prepopulate the checkout form for future purchases and so we can get in touch with you if needed to discuss your order.
- c) At checkout, we may also collect your credit card number, expiration date, and security code. This information is passed to our payment gateway to process your purchase. The last 4 digits of your credit card number and the expiration date are saved by our Site to use for reference and to send you an email if your credit card will expire before the next recurring payment.
MBW will use your personal data to keep you in touch with all the latest events, to administer your registration for and attendance at events and allow you to get to the most out of your membership. We may share your details as a delegate at an event with third parties for legitimate purposes connected to the event.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at any time.
Financial data such as bank account and card payment details will be collected to manage your membership via Stripe payment gateway;
For users that register on our Site (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username themselves and will need to request change via the site administrator of the Site). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
When submitting a general enquiry via our Site, we will collect your name, email and contact number to enable us to respond to your enquiry.
If you send us an email, we may collect your name, your email address and any other information you choose to give us.
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
- How long we retain your data for
We will keep your membership data as long as required to support an active membership and will keep that data up to a maximum of 5 years from the cancellation date of your membership, in case you wish to reactivate your membership in the future.
All emails containing your personal data will be deleted no later than 5 years after the subject matter of your email has been resolved.
You may withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
If we do collect any personal data, it will be processed and stored securely and for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the Data Proection Laws at all times.
- How and where we store your personal data
We will only store your personal data within the United Kingdom (“UK”) . on UK located shared servers and will not transfer your personal data outside of the UK, including for the purposes set out in section 8 below, without ensuring that the Data Protection Laws are complied with and a similar degree of protection is afforded to it as applies under UK law..
Personal data security is essential to us and to protect personal data we take appropriate organisational, technical and security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
- Sharing your personal data
We share your personal data with Mailchimp.com for marketing purposes, your payment information with Stripe.com to process your membership payments and tracking data relating to your use of our Site with Google.com. We can access the personal data about you that is held by each of these third party service providers
In some circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order or the instructions of a government authority.
- How you can access your personal data
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in section 10. We do not normally charge for a subject access request. However, if your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive” (for example, if you make repetitive requests or a large amount of data in one request) we may charge a fee to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will normally respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. However, in some cases (for example, if your request is more complex) we may require more time up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request.
- How to contact us
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please email to the following address: email@example.com or write to: PO BOX 591, Darlington, United Kingdom, DL1 9DB
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time (for example, if the law changes or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection).